Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60601
The ideal candidate has a strong Business/IT background and is seeking a career in a rapidly expanding company that provides targeted capital investments in talent and companies. The Business Analyst will be responsible for configuring, troubleshooting and training for our MGA/MGU Agency management system.
- Provide administrative support and training on an MGA/MGU Agency management system.
- Specify, document, and test additions and modifications to the system.
- Troubleshoot application errors.
- In conjunction with users, isolate problems, determine solutions or alternatives, and develop and implement a resolution.
- Look for opportunities to improve user instructions or train for better understanding.
- Creates SQL driven reporting, both ad hoc and for regular use.
- Creates or modifies complex Excel spreadsheets and Word documents incorporated into the agency management system.
- Ensures the integrity of the system at all times including data integrity when developing, maintaining or enhancing setups and reports.
- Special Projects to be assigned as needed.
- BA/BS degree in business and/or a technology related field a plus, but not required.
- 3 years’ experience in an office environment and MGA/MGU experience preferred.
- Experience configuring an MGA/MGU agency management systems a plus.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) skills preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple projects and clients.
- Strong experience with core business applications & processes.