AVP, Research & Data Operations
AVP, Research & Data Operations
The research team strives to ensure that coverage of the alternative assets industry is accurate, up
to date and comprehensive. The [insert team] is a division within the global research team and the role
presents an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a keen interest in finance to lead a team
of Research Associates covering North American alternative assets.
The AVP, Research & Data Operations ([insert team]) is responsible for the management and development of
the [insert team] ensuring delivery of high-quality content to clients. You will oversee the day-to-day
running of the [insert team], while working closely with Data Operations teams.
• Set [insert team] targets and key performance metrics and ensure they are consistently met.
• Implement and ensure delivery of high-quality best practice.
• Conduct regular individual/team meetings to discuss progress and resolve issues.
• Act as a point of contact for all questions, comments & concerns.
Training and Mentoring
• Deliver training, career development and management to upskill staff to ensure that has and
retains a high-skilled, engaged and growing knowledge base.
• Mentor Research Associates to encourage knowledge sharing.
• Directly responsible for the quality of work produced by [insert team].
• Identify quality issues and action solutions to address/improve content.
• Conduct regular quality control checks and feedback sessions.
Projects & Initiatives
• Identify and lead research projects to develop or improve content.
• Accountable for the completion of projects, accuracy & timeliness
• Communicate progress to Regional Research SVP, AVP’s, and key company stakeholders.
• Oversee recruitment process and maintain required resource levels.
• Identify potential candidates and perform interviews and assess candidate suitability.
• Build, develop and maintain relationships with customers to gain insight on data quality.
• Interact with Sales and PMG to encourage inter-department collaboration to deliver better data for
• A comprehensive understanding of each of the alternative asset classes.
• Relevant work experience in a research-led environment is desirable.
• 1-2 years of direct people management experience with strong desire and ability to lead teams
• Experience in training, mentoring, guiding junior members of a team.
• Excellent research abilities; exhibiting persistence, patience and a keen eye for detail.
• Experience with working on bespoke research projects.
• Experience in engaging with clients and prospective customers.
• Experience contributing content to research reports, blogs and publications preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivots, IF, Formulas)
• Passion & curiosity for data & financial markets, with a specific focus on the alternative assets
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate
with senior-level executives via phone and email.
• Proactive approach to dealing with issues, investigating anomalies and a desire to get to the bottom
of a problem.
• Strong team player with the ability and enthusiasm to work independently.
• Diligence to meet targets and quality standards.