Associate, Payroll & Equity Plan Administrator
Associate, Payroll & Equity Plan Administration
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day activities in administrating our payroll, including all aspects of recordkeeping, reporting, and reconciliation. Additionally, this role will assist with administration of our equity compensation program. The Payroll and Equity Plan Administrator needs to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all pay and equity compensation data in the payroll and equity record keeping systems and be able to work closely with employees and other functional groups. As an onsite/hybrid employee, you are expected to be in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well as a third day in coordination with your manager.
- Performs a wide variety of record keeping, payroll processing, audit and reporting activities for multi-state, multi-national payrolls ensuring efficient, accurate and timely delivery.
- Maintains employee and payroll records in Workday/ADP, including, but not limited to tax withholding elections, direct deposit set up, timecards, and voluntary deductions.
- Ensures all employee information is entered accurately into Workday/ADP, and adheres to federal/state/local regulations, including business travel withholding thresholds.
- Administers payroll interface system between Workday/ADP and external carrier connections each payroll cycle.
- Administers 401(k) processing each pay period onto Fidelity’s platform.
- Coordinates efforts with Human Resources to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Interprets payroll policies and procedures to employees of all levels. Provides high quality service to employees and effectively resolves any payroll issues.
- Balances and controls earnings and deduction totals, identifies and corrects out-of-balance conditions.
- Researches and prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
- Support internal and external auditing requirements for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, SOX and SOC1 audits of procedures and controls, as needed.
- Coordinate and provide adequate information and timely response related to equity payroll reporting with Finance, Tax and Equity Plan Administrator to ensure accurate W2 records.
- Create, maintain and update procedure documents, provide analysis and support for process improvements.
- Resolve questions, issues or concerns as related to the payroll inquiries.
Equity Plan Administration
- Administer and maintain record-keeping of the company’s Equity plan and documentation, including eligibility, grant approvals, vesting schedules, and exercise process.
- Process transactions in compliance with current US and international rules and tax regulations, SOX controls and governing stock plan documents.
- Perform internal auditing procedures to ensure accuracy and integrity of the stock administration system.
- Support internal and external auditing requirements for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and SOX audits of procedures and controls, as needed.
- Partner with Finance, Tax, Legal and/or third-party agents to generate and review equity reports to support timely SEC filings, including Form 10-Q, 10-K and Proxy statement and ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinate and provide adequate information and timely response related to equity transactions with Finance, Tax and Payroll departments to ensure effective transaction processing.
- Create, maintain and update procedure documents, provide analysis and support for special process improvements, project enhancements and education initiatives.
- Resolve questions, issues or concerns as related to the Company equity program.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Minimum of 5+ years compensation administration experience.
- Experience with Workday, ADP Workforce Now, ADP Streamline, 3rd Party Payroll Providers, Shareworks.
- Able to process payroll and various types of stock grants, exercises, lapses, and reporting and taxes.
- Public company experience.
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal/Compliance, Tax and Human Resources.
- Proficient in Excel, experience with Power Point.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills; with the ability to track multiple tasks, calendars, deadlines, and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to articulate complex information.
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to stakeholders
- Exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented
- Strong critical thinking skills and discipline to deliver complete and accurate results
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).