· Identifies development technologies and platforms that will solve the current business challenges and risks.
· Identify and clarify business requirements.
· Stays aware of industry advances. Incorporates those trends into ongoing development efforts. Coaches and consults with the development teams.
· Collaborates with other business and technical leaders across the organization.
· Creates high level architecture artifacts and will translate them into lower level details so the development teams can consume them. Documents architecture and design decisions supporting business requirements.
· Reviews code to ensure chosen design patterns and conventions are adhered to.
Looking to add a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for application development and design heavily focused on .NET platforms. The Sr .NET Developer/Architect will work in an Agile environment with the rest of the team to identify current operating procedures, clarify program objectives, and develop detailed specifications for new applications or changes to existing applications that further client goals. He/she will also provide technical guidance to other team members, lead projects, and manage both internal and external resources to ensure deliverables meet time and quality constraints.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architects, designs, codes (.Net), tests and documents new and/or existing applications, adhering to client standards. Very well versed in web based technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms.
- Writes and assembles unit level design specifications.
- Assists in development of user documentation and training procedures.
- Identifies technical enhancements and new development based on business needs
- Ensures quality of development by other team members.
- Recommends and documents work flow improvements.
- Thorough knowledge of .Net programming language and database (SQL preferred), especially as it pertains to MVC based services and ASP.NET WebAPI technology.
- Understands the Agile process as it relates to SCRUM.
- Expertise in writing REST based services using C# and returning and consuming JSON.
- Proactive identification and communication of programming and/or design issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines while resolving minor project problems.
- Team player and passion for learning new technologies and mentoring others
- Customer service driven
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- A degree in Computer Science or demonstrated Background included 5 or more years of relevant experience in applicable programming language.
- .NET Framework, ASP.NET, MVC, C#, WebAPI, SQL, Web Services, HTML5
- Database modeling and data architecture concepts a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and sizing and coding to user stories