Firm is a diversified trading firm with decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Crypto, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and crypto assets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it’s how we do it. Firm is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As an Accounting Manager on our global Accounting & Finance team, you will be responsible for managing the accounting function for a new and growing area of our trading business.
- Manage the accounting function of the business, which covers many legal entities across several jurisdictions.
- Lead month-end close process, including bank reconciliations, monthly journal entries, operating expense review and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Collaborate with business leaders regularly to understand the business and stay informed with current business matters.
- Collaborate regularly with the tax and legal teams.
- Maintain deep understanding of the complex organizational structure as well as accounting requirements for foreign entities.
- Monthly and annual preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Monthly and annual preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Work closely with auditors and foreign regulators to prepare year end work papers and complete other requests.
- Complete ad-hoc requests from management and Firm leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 7-10 years of public or corporate accounting experience
- Previous experience working in trading firms, hedge funds, or other similar asset management firms required
- Previous experience working with foreign jurisdictions
- Previous experience working with complex organizational structure
- People management experience preferred
- Must have strong experience creating reports in Excel
- Previous experience working with Great Plains preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of GAAP
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and be flexible to handle changing priorities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skils
Share This Job
We help people find the next step in their careers in technology, marketing, sales, human resources, finance, accounting, and real estate. Check out what jobs we have available today.
Follow the hottest hiring trends. #IYKYK
Talent Insights is THE place to keep up with the latest trends in hiring. From market analysis to hot takes on talent practices, tune in to learn (and maybe be entertained).