The Warehouse Automation Technical Support Specialist will be part of a team responsible for providing virtual and on-site support for workplace devices, software and processes for end-users working globally.
- Provides workplace support for incidents and service requests related to information technology infrastructure and software.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and determine resolution for technical issues related to standard and non-standard work environment, including end-users working remotely.
- Provides end-to-end ownership for the customer engagement by coordinating activities with other primary support functions and suppliers required to support end-users.
- Performs and participates in project related activities to include upgrades, deployments, migrations and the integration of new technology in the workplace for end-users.
- Develops and maintains highly effective and productive virtual relationships with suppliers and various service functions required to effectively support end-users.
- Assists with developing and documenting standard operating procedures, knowledge related articles and project related plans.
- Performs and manages functional and hierarchical escalations related to end-users and workplace technology.
- Utilizes ITSM and other productivity tools to perform, track and report on operational activities.
- Purchases, configures, installs, and maintains new warehouse hardware.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2+ years providing “hands-on” infrastructure support, preferably working directly with end-users in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to train end-users in utilizing software and hardware.
- Strong understanding of network hardware and software, including access points, switches, hubs, cabling, and any other wireless and wired applications and connections
- Ability to manage competing priorities and activities effectively.
- Must have strong experience supporting end-user software and computing devices to include laptops, tablets, printers, mobile phones, wireless, peripherals and other workplace hardware.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Lync, Dell, Mac, Apple, iPad, iPhone, Android, MDM, Salesforce and SharePoint, BMC Remedy, CMDB and other related products strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of enterprise servers, networks and security preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to build credible relationships with team members and end-users.
- Strong understanding of warehouse peripherals, including: laser printers, label printers, barcode scanners, power supplys, and any other equipment related to the warehouse management systems.
- Experience with Honeywell Intermec handhelds experience preferred. (Motorola, Symbol, Dolphin, or other Honeywell handheld experience is also acceptable)
- Experience with Zebra label printers preferred but not required.
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology preferred.
- Related certifications: ITIL, Dell, A+, Network+ and other Microsoft preferred.