Workplace Support Analyst (Level 1 Desktop Support)
Performs support for enterprise end user technology, services and processes. Acts as primary resolver for level 1 desktop requests and incidents, focusing on the fulfillment of basic defined service requests and standard break/fix tasks as defined in the knowledge base and other support documentation. Specifically, will spend over 75% of their time troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving common (at times moderately complex) issues using defined support processes. This role will spend over 75% of their time directly interfacing with end-users either in person or over the phone, and must be very customer-focused with good communication skills.
- Acts as a support point of contact regarding end user requests and issues within an enterprise environment.
- Install, configure, deploy, monitor and repair hardware and software related to end user technology, including desktops, laptops, mobile and network enabled devices, operating systems and standard applications.
- Deploy and install standard images, software packages, drivers, operating systems anti-virus and user applications.
- Maintains assets, inventory and configuration management database (CMDB). Coordinates activities related asset ordering, shipping, receiving, returns, deployments, audit and compliance.
- Utilizes enterprise ITSM (request and incident tracking tool) systems and tools to log, track and document activities associated with supporting end user technology, including status and other actions taken through completion.
- Proactively engages end users and customers independently within an enterprise support function and executes defined processes and procedures.
- Recognizes and demonstrates professional behaviors and actions that are convenient to others and delivers a superior customer experience.
- Able to manage competing service level priorities effectively.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the information technology industry providing enterprise level support for end user technology.
- Must have experience with hardware installation and repair for desktops, laptop and other computing devices. Preferred experience with Dell and Apple.
- Experience performing the deployment of end user computing devices, including: installation of hardware and software, images, software packages, drivers, and configuring operating systems and applications. Knowledge of Microsoft technologies used to provide end-user computing services, including Active Directory and SCCM a plus.
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and resolving end user incidents related configuration operating system, storage, systems access, voice, network connectivity, productivity tools and software applications. Preferred experience with Microsoft Windows 10, O365, SharePoint and Skype for Business.
- Must have experience with end-to-end customer request and/or resolution processes that clearly demonstrate a level ownership and involvement in outcomes that highly influence the customer experience.
- Must have clear and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate end user status, issues, requirements through interactions and documentation.
- Aptitude to acquire and apply technical knowledge and concepts related technology products in the end user environment quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to train and educate end users on the effective use and adoption of technology products, systems and processes.
- Technology Skills & Knowledge: Dell, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, MDM, SCCM, Office365, Microsoft Windows 10 OS and Productivity Suite, SharePoint, Skype for Business, BMC Remedy, CMDB and other related products strongly preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related technical program strongly desired.
- Relevant Industry Certifications and Knowledge are a plus: ITIL, Microsoft, Dell, Apple, CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+.