The Vitality Group, is a member of South Africa-Based Discovery Limited, and a rapidly-growing Software as a Service company in the Health and Wellness Industry. Clientsinclude several Fortune 500 companies, including McKesson, the winner of the 2015 C. Everett Koop national health award. Product Partners include household names at the intersection of technology and health risk management. Fortune Magazine recently ranked Discovery and our Vitality wellness program as #17 in its 2015 Change the World list of 51 companies that have made a sizable impact on major global social or environmental problem.
We are looking for a solution architect to help our transition into an Agile, microsystems orientation platform from our legacy of waterfall-based, monolithic systems. The Solutions Architect role:
• Closely interacts with and guides many functions of Business Analysis and Systems Design.
• Collaborates in R&D to seek solutions to new and evolving customer requirements.
• Provides high-level architectural guidance to new and existing systems.
• Partners with Enterprise Architects to ensure execution of architectural strategy.
• Partners with Systems Architects to keep abreast of maturing technical tools and practices.
The position is based in our downtown Chicago, IL office and will report to the Lead, Architecture and Technology R&D.
• Oversees the solutioning of new and existing applications systems.
• Assesses functional and nonfunctional requirements of change backlogs and proposals to elicit architectural impacts.
• Advises development teams on system technical design as a subject matter expert, providing solutions that reinforce the enterprise architectural strategy.
• Weighs the overall priority ranking of each of the possible system qualities (cost, reusability, robustness, etc.) as to enforce a balance of concerns.
• Performs analytical tasks, data extracts, research, etc., as required, to inform decision processes.
• Participates in internal forums such as Architectural Review Board and lead work streams to improve methodology, internal processes, standards and guidelines.
• Conducts training and informal coaching with technical team.
• Assists Technical Managers during hiring and performance reviews by providing input on engineering competencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Strong soft skills.
• Demonstrated career growth in software development in corporate environments, including 2 years in a leadership capacity.
• Cloud computing experience (infrastructure, deployment, storage, platforms, and data experience preferred)
• Web-scale engineering and architecture experience (Microservices architecture experience preferred).
• Demonstrated modelling capabilities (UML modelling experience preferred).
• Business process improvement (Lean experience preferred)
• Agile software development
• Business and technical writing skills
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Consulting Abilities
• Demonstrated project management abilities
• TOGAF experience
• Netflix OSS experience
• Docker experience
• AWS experience
• WSO2 experience
Education and Qualifications:
BS in Computer Science or a related field
Architecturally certified (TOGAF/Prince Certified or Equivalent)
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.