Software Engineer - Platform Team
We are a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Software Engineer for our Platform team.
By leveraging our industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
A motivated, detail-oriented and energetic Software Engineer to create and deliver solutions for complex data analysis. We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company in the booming big data space.
The ideal candidate is passionate about efficiently processing large amounts of data using massively parallel tech such as Hadoop and Spark, analyzing the resulting datasets using a NoSQL database, creating REST APIs to expose cross sections of the data using Spring/J2EE, and deploying these APIs to auto-scaling clusters in the cloud using Docker and Kubernetes. A healthy interest in machine learning and analytics is also desirable.
This position will encourage experimentation and creativity with a focus on continuously seeking new ways to make Big Data more accessible to the industries we serve. It will require an appetite for exploration of new technologies, the ability to rapidly adapt between different environments, self-start and self-organize.