Senior Frontend Engineer
Some of the perks we provide:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, and basic life insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Loft office in the West Loop with 6 beers on tap, La Colombe coffee, and lounge-y meeting rooms and common areas
Job description & responsibilities
As the Senior Frontend Engineer, you will specialize in crafting a world-class experience for our customers. We’re looking for people who empathize with users and take pride in solving problems through elegant interactions. You will be responsible for building and designing delightful UIs and data visualizations for our data heavy platform. You will be leading the charge in building out the next generation frontend infrastructure as we’re looking to rework our existing implementation. The Senior Frontend Engineer will work with the design and software engineering teams to solve problems and should be able to own projects from design through to implementation.
- At least 5 years in a front-end development role.
- Expertise with at least some of the following - Webpack, Babel, SCSS, Flow.
- Ability to propose solutions at each level of the full tech stack.
- Strong communications skills and a passion for mentoring.
- Experience building front-end platforms and designing UIs.
- Strong attention to details, understanding that they matter.
- Can work both independently and with a team of peers.
- Strong understanding of usability and visual design.
- Ability to build quickly within an agile team structure.
- Ability to understand business goals, recognize client needs, and link them to specific technical solutions.
- Inventiveness and openness in problem solving.
- Familiarity with AWS and CI tools a plus.
- Familiarity with D3.js and/or Highcharts.