Our growing, profitable technology company seeks a Senior Network Engineer to be responsible for all tier 3 level support, maintenance, and repair events. This includes managing the day-to-day health of a IP/MPLS backbone infrastructure, new customer service activations, and tiered internal support. This individual will need to be a highly technical, hands-on engineer. As a tier 3 support leader, he/she will be responsible for all escalated trouble tickets, new service design architecture, and highly technical customer requests. He/she will be evaluated for establishing an uptime record, team growth/development, monitoring of network health, handling both planned and unplanned network events. The Network Engineer will work hand-in-hand with the NOC and engineering teams at Nitel.
- Support 24X7 engineer on-call requirements.
- Ensure all elements of the network are functioning at an optimal performance level.
- Provide a single point of interface to internal and external clients on issues pertaining to our MPLS, Internet, VoIP, and other Managed Services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Exhibit leadership qualities by taking the initiative to identify and resolve issues.
- Network Management Systems - Facilities Management, Event and Incident Management
- Problem Management, RFO Management
- Service Measurement, Performance and Reporting
- Leadership and Management of Technical staff
- Network/Service Architecture and Operations
- Alarm structure and correlation
- Network/Service Quality Metrics
- ITIL - Service Operations
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the continued success of self, team, department, and company.
We are the best at what we do, and our team members need to be the best as well. The right candidate will have:
- Bachelorâs degree required in a technical discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years as engineering role
- Strong technical expertise with 3 years of hands-on experience in networking technologies with a particular subject expertise in applications networking, IP network hardware, routing protocols, high availability network monitoring, network security, and VoIP.
- Proficient in routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Proficient with MPLS, VPN, Layer 2/3, and Point-to-Point networks.
- Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting VOIP protocols (SIP, MGCP, Skinny, H.323)
- Direct knowledge of Adtran, Cisco, Fortinet, Acme Packet and Broadsoft platforms.
- Knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing.
- Knowledge of Telecommunications environments and TDM circuits.
- Proven ability to develop and execute best practices.
- Strong communication, organizational, and trouble-shooting skills.