The way we work together is centered on our core values of collaborating, communicating, pushing to exceed expectations (even our own), being humble, and having fun while we do it. We enjoy ourselves, give back, and work (and play) hard together. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
• Building our core product offering, Relativity. This is the platform that developers within kCura and other organizations building on top of Relativity are using as their framework.
• This is the the most talented team within kCura.
• Actively participating in our SCRUM process.
• Improving application system performance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or other related subject
• Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
• Effective communication and teamwork skills
• Contributing to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
• Rapidly producing high quality code
• Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Encourages pair programming and collaborative design
• Thinks out loud- Consistently communicates ideas to others
• Provides development expertise to team members through education and review
• Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
• Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Software Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
• Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
• Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
• Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
• Act in the best interest of the overall team