Summary: The SEM Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a SEM strategy for the brand that includes ownership of strategy, execution, optimization and reporting, A/B testing for landing pages and ad copy, & continuous keyword and competitive research with the ability to communicate opportunities for the brand to achieve customer retention and customer acquisition goals.
1. Responsible for SEM across Google, Bing & Yahoo along with Google Shopping
2. Participate in setting sales, gross margin and ROI targets for your channel and be accountable to delivering upon goals with active, daily management
3. Lead all current and future campaign development, keyword discovery, keyword expansion, and ad copy creation
4. Drive A/B testing to optimize click through and conversion rates, developing a test-and-learn plan to improve spend efficiency and traffic volume
5. Provide insight for landing page optimization to increase conversion rate for channel initiatives
6. Summarize the performance of search campaigns on a weekly and monthly basis
7. Collaborate with merchandising team on new product launches to define objectives, goals, and launch plans for search marketing
8. Research and analyze competitor SEM efforts to provide insights and recommendations
9. Support monthly promos in PPC campaigns and continually test BAU offers for all channels
10. Serve as a cross-functional SEM expert and resource for content, paid digital, website, IT, reputation management, social media, analytics etc.
11. Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
12. Identify and present new opportunities/areas of growth that will help continue the development of the paid search channel
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to perform a variety of tasks and organize large amounts of information
• Possess a wide degree of creativity
• Strong ability to collaborate with a team-first attitude
• Ability to interface with many departments in a professional manner
• Ability to think strategically and innovatively, analyze issues and use sound judgment
• Commitment to quality and focused on customer needs
• Must be deadline conscious
Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise employee(s) or agencies; is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Mass Communications or Marketing with 2-3 years of eCommerce experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.