Who we are
Though we’re living in a world of texts, Tweets and long emails threads, real business is still done face to face—at great events. That’s why our client is disrupting the $500 billion events industry by building the world’s largest collection of unique event ideas. Our online marketplace covers everything from happy hours at local hot spots to trips to Punta Cana. Companies like Google, LinkedIn and HP can find cool events and book them online, then use our suite of online tools to manage their event from start to finish.
Here’s where you come in. We are looking for a software tester that likes to dig into problems and help solve them. You should be a direct, energetic, flexible, good-natured skeptic that wants to help build a product and be part of something big. If you’re a motivated team-player looking to carve out a niche while learning at an early-stage, high-growth company, Kapow is the place for you.
What you should expect
- Verification and validation of user stories implemented in web front end, back end, API, and supporting third-party tools.
- Pro-active engagement with Product and Development to understand stories and defect reports for verification. Provide thoughtful enhancements to Product.
- Writing simple, effective, complete defect reports based on testing.
- Combination of exploratory manual testing, documentation of testing, and automation.
- Maintenance of test data.
- Ownership of the testing and QA processes for a product team.
- We do one-week sprints and you’ll be participating in all ceremonies
- 2-5 years of experience in all aspects of software testing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify good test cases and document defects.
- Demonstrated ability to write documentation around testing practices.
- An entrepreneur's soul and the ability to thrive in an agile/nimble environment.
- Familiarity with testing, SEO, debugging tools.
- You are a problem solver, an executor, and a question asker.
- Comfort with command line and SQL tools.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Ruby and/or Rails.
- Experience with Selenium with Ruby bindings but Java and Python experience is fine.
- Experience with e-commerce transactions.
- Experience testing and improving eCommerce platforms.
- Experience with Github.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Small company or start up experience