Summary: The primary function of this position is to supervise and coordinate the workflow within the Bulk Buyer segment of the Purchasing Department.
1. Supervise and coordinate the workflow of Bulk Brand Buyers and In House Manufacturing Buyer ensuring adequate supply of products is available to meet sales demand.
2. Review and analyze inventory levels.
3. Create and follow thru on department KPIs.
4. Assist the Sourcing and Project Analyst in developing and maintaining bulk buying and raw material purchasing training documents. Then follow thru on training of buyers.
5. Assist in determining process improvement needs and create solutions to ensure day to day activities can be performed efficiently. Including internal group and other departments. Coordinate with Sourcing and Project Analyst on execution.
6. Streamline communications to cross functional groups by attending multiple recurring meetings and representing the Purchasing Department.
7. Ensure buyers have communication from various groups; conduct weekly team meetings and hold weekly one-on-one staff meetings.
8. Review and approve/reject cost changes from suppliers via buyers
a. Create monthly recap of cost increases to review with COO and Sourcing and Project Analyst to determine sourcing options
9. Evaluate COG dashboard to see annual change in costs
10. Cultivate and maintain ongoing communications with vendors, building relationships and working towards cost savings initiatives.
11. Participate in vendor scoring with QA
12. Act as support to quality team to ensure we have the highest quality products to sell to our consumers.
a. Attend all MR (Material Review) meetings on all quality incidents and follow thru on CAPA (corrective action preventative action) steps.
13. Work with Sourcing and Project Analyst to review profitability on in house manufactured items
14. Participate in industry conventions.
15. Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
16. Conducts self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of the company.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management
• Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate positive attitude
• Superior problem solving skills
• Ability to learn and navigate within assigned computer software
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor of Science in Business or related field with 5+ year’s relevant purchasing experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.