A well-funded startup company is looking to add a PHP Developer to their rapidly growing team in the West Loop. The developer will be working in tandem with business teams to deliver and support new technology capabilities for an expanding user base of customers, business partners and employees. The role will be centered on the customer eCommerce and supplier platform, but may also include projects for other sales channels.
- Strong experience (or interest in working) with PHP
- Experience (or willingness to learn) Magento extensions and modules.
- eCommerce experience and opinions on best practices
- Able (or willing to learn) to configure servers for optimal performance
- Experience integrating with marketplaces
- Experience & knowledge of MySQL, with a strong data background
- Experience with code versioning and software release methodology
- Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Nice to haves include:
- Magento certification
- Experience and passion for automation
- Strong desire to support and commit to open source software projects
- A track record of building interesting and/or challenging side projects
What you can expect:
- Constant collaboration with the product team, using an iterative approach, to deliver items on the technology roadmap
- To maintain and build upon a brand new Magento Enterprise eCommerce platform
- To work with both custom-built applications and packaged software
- To wear multiple hats and multitask
- To work in an environment where you take ownership of your work with little guidance
- The need for a solid eye for detail, while being willing to take risks
- To work both in a team environment and more independently
This is an already successful and rapidly growing company working in a diverse and evolving vertical.