The .Net Architect is responsible for oversight of the design, configuration, development, integration and implementation of software solutions on a project. The .Net Architect works with client personnel to ensure the system architectures meet the scalability, reliability, testability, integration, and flexibility requirements of the client.
In addition, the .Net Architect is responsible for understanding emerging technologies and architectures and making recommendations on incorporating these into the client's architecture and solution.
- Defines and implements project level technical standards, guidelines, metrics, architectures and processes. Ensures solution is aligned with standards defined by the client.
- Performs technical reviews and design sign-offs on projects to ensure that they are properly estimated, architected and will be implemented and displayed appropriately
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of product standards and transition plans to new standards
- Documents all architecture design and analysis work
- Leads the project implementation
- Actively reviews and contributes to corporate wiki environment
- Outlines tasks associated with technical initiatives
- Provides day-to-day technical leadership to team members as appropriate
- Coaches team members to define solutions and support the team in identifying and resolving difficult issues and risks that make the most sense for the client.
- Works effectively with client personnel and the project team to resolve implementation issues
- Maintains a risk list and works with the Project Manager to develop a risk management plan
- Keeps the Project Manager informed of progress, set-backs and any new issues that may affect the ability of our company to meet client expectations
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
- Assists in the interview and new employee integration processes when asked and completes the associated paperwork in a timely fashion
- Participates in all programs and supports all policies relating to performance evaluations, career development planning, and time and expense management
- Mentors key technical staff.
- Significant experience and understanding of the core concepts of Business Intelligence (BI) such as Data Extraction (ETL), Data Cubing, Reporting and Dashboarding, and Data Mining.
- Significant experience in matching the appropriate technologies to business needs.
- Solid track record for providing technology innovation that offers value for clients.
- Experience in collaboration with client teams.
- Combination of deep technical experience and senior level project delivery experience.
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering, or science/technology-based discipline.
- Understands complex database concepts and client/server, distributed and internet systems architectures.
- Has significant experience with various programming languages. Significant experience with .Net is a requirement.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and software methodologies including Object Oriented design methodologies.
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies.
- Solid understanding of User Interface design methodologies.
- Significant experience with the following Microsoft technologies required: SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Significant experience with the following .Net frameworks required: ASP.net.
- Significant experience with the following .Net frameworks strongly desired: ADO.NET Entity Framework, NHibernate, WCF.
Consultant Professional Qualities
- Effectively communicates, interfaces, and presents to client Sr. Executives and Managers.
- Uses effective and professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Effectively mentors and provides career direction to consultants.
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Has gained/earned the respect of our clients.
- Has a proven record of fostering a positive working relationship between our company and the clientâs internal management and staff.