The Marketing Manager – Lead Management & CRM is responsible for ensuring the company's lead generation, management, and nurture programs are operating efficiently, effectively, and driving the desired results.
Responsibilities will include: managing day-to-day functions of lead generation (including Paid Search), maintaining the integrity of our lead database, administration of lead nurture email campaigns, working with respective digital agencies to ensure lead management and nurturing projects are on time and within budget, providing reporting on lead generation and nurture campaign performance with actionable insights, and assisting in the strategy and workflow for new lead nurturing efforts.
The incumbent will frequently work with stakeholders across departments, including segment and sales management, IT, and legal teams. The role is based in Chicago, IL and will report to the Sr. Marketing Manager – Digital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Contributes to strategy and creative input for our B2B and B2C lead generation and lead nurturing efforts.
• Oversees day-to-day management of lead generation and nurturing efforts, including: paid search campaigns, lead management, lead scoring and segmentation, marketing automation, managing updates to email templates, managing changes to existing drip campaigns, and drives the development of new automated drip campaigns
• Maintains integrity and proper segmentation of B2B and B2C lead data
• Manages outside vendors to ensure campaigns are set up and executed on time and within budget
• Prepares and communicates reporting on all things lead management: lead generation efforts, email campaign effectiveness, website conversion rates, database trends and quality, etc.
• Estimated time allocation: 30% lead generation & nurturing strategy development, 70% tactical program execution/administration.
• Oversees project prioritization and allocation of team resources (time, people, and investment). Establish, build, and maintain relevant internal and external relationships, including internal cross functional teams.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Although this position does not have direct reports currently, the Marketing Manager needs to demonstrate leadership qualities in order to be considered for promotion.
Career path of this position is Sr. Marketing Manager.
• Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
• 5-7+ years of successful related experience
• Specific work experience in marketing, advertising, project management, written communications, and documentation management are highly desirable
• Strong balance of analytical thinking, data-driven and metrics focused, with a creative eye and a comfort with copywriting to ensure email campaigns best represent the brand while driving desired results.
• Experience independently developing marketing strategies
• Familiarity with email platforms a must (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
• Experience with marketing automation platforms a must (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, etc.)
• Basic understanding of HTML a plus
• Strong experience with Google AdWords, Google Analytics and SalesForce
• Ability to analyze data, draw insights and report key findings and recommendations to the business
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen and assess needs, prioritize needs/requirements, and communicate them cross-functionally.
• Excels at both leadership of and participation in cross-functional relationships
• Developing presentation, and negotiation skills, and effectively in driving initiatives and participating as a member of cross functional teams.
• High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project). – Must demonstrate strong Excel skills