The Marketing Manager – Digital Content Marketing is responsible for driving the company's digital content strategy and execution, and will oversee the development, distribution and measurement of all digital content marketing efforts.
Responsibilities will include: support and contribute to the planning and development of the company's digital strategy, manage all content creation efforts for website, email, social media, blog, partner content, videos, etc., while ensuring content reflects and furthers the brand.
The incumbent will manage internal and external content contributors, and frequently work with stakeholders across departments, including segment and sales management, and legal teams. The role is based in Chicago, IL and will report to the Sr. Marketing Manager – Digital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and oversee editorial calendar, and ensure alignment to content marketing strategy & brand voice
• Support day-to-day management of content creation and distribution, including timely production of blog, website, email, native, and video content
• Serve as the final content gatekeeper to ensure editorial best practices and brand alignment are maintained at the highest standard
• Manage content management system (Kentico) to publish website content across sites
• Manage SEO strategy and execution, including content optimizations, SEO platform oversight and reporting
• Work with internal staff and outside vendors to ensure content projects are executed on time and within budget
• Prepare, analyze and communicate performance reporting, including recommendations for ongoing improvements, opportunities, and competitive insights
• Oversees project prioritization and allocation of team resources (time, people, and investment). Establish, build, and maintain relevant internal and external relationships
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Although this position does not have direct reports currently, the Marketing Manager needs to demonstrate leadership qualities in order to be considered for promotion.
Career path of this position is Sr. Marketing Manager.
• Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
• 5-7+ years of successful related experience
• Specific work experience in marketing, advertising, project management, written communications, and documentation management are highly desirable
• Experience writing, editing and creating digital and social content
• Editorial mindset with content management experience
• Experience independently developing marketing strategies
• Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
• Experience with Google Analytics, content management platforms, top social platforms
• Familiarity with SEO best practices; experience with SEO management platforms a plus
• Excels at both leadership of and participation in cross-functional relationships
• High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook