Summary: The primary function of this position is to recommend pricing strategies for Private label and/or national brand product and make recommendations to create an efficient product category management.
1. Compare and report competitor pricing and promotional strategies to price our Swanson and/or national brand items on a regular basis.
2. Collect, audit, and analyze competitive internet prices and recommend adjustments in current price strategies.
3. Track and maintain item matches and audit competitor sites. Report out findings to ecommerce merchandising team.
4. Gather, analyze, and publish competitive price audits versus all major web competitors in a timely manner.
5. Recommend changes in competitors to be audited.
6. Publish competitive price audits and analysis to the Executive team, and ecommerce merchandising team.
7. Work directly with pricing vendors and their tools to streamline processes, testing, and reporting.
8. Create, analyze, and report out month end reports to Executive team.
9. Produce additional reports for various departments including executive dashboards, trend reports and other ad hoc analytical reporting as needed.
10. Review and analyze company’s pricing model versus the competition in an effort to meet annual budgeting sales and gross margin targets. Provide forecasts for pricing scenarios.
11. Maintain thorough knowledge of Company Brand Line.
12. Provides forecast for purchase quantities and promotional activities.
13. Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
14. Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of the company.
• Strong statistical or mathematical skills with an ability to summarize large data sets
• Ability to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interface with all levels of personnel
• Ability to multitask
• Poses strong Excel skills
• Experience with SPSS
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Marketing, Business or other quantitative discipline and 2-3 years pricing analytics experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.