Java Technical Architect
As a Java Technical Architect, youâre primarily responsible for oversight of the design, configuration, development, integration and implementation of software solutions on a project. The Technical Architect works with client personnel to ensure the system architectures meet the scalability, reliability, testability, integration, and flexibility requirements of the client.
In addition, the Technical Architect is responsible for understanding emerging technologies and architectures and making recommendations on incorporating these into the client's architecture and solution.
Applicants must be comfortable with 20% regional travel.
- 7+ years of strong Java programming experience
- Attention to object-oriented design principles
- Attention to software quality, using tools such as source control, unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with common Java frameworks such as Spring or Hibernate
- Demonstrated ability and strong desire to grasp new technologies
- Defines and implements project level technical standards, guidelines, metrics, architectures and processes
- Ensures solution is aligned with standards defined by the client
- Performs technical reviews and design sign-offs on projects to ensure that they are properly estimated, architected and will be implemented and displayed appropriately
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of product standards and transition plans to new standards
- Documents all architecture design and analysis work
- Leads the project implementation
- Outlines tasks associated with technical initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day leadership to team members as appropriate.
- Works effectively with client personnel and the project team to resolve implementation issues.
- Maintains a risk list and works with the Project Manager to develop a risk management plan.
- Keeps the Project Manager informed of progress, set-backs and any new issues that may affect the ability of our team to meet client expectations.
- Communicates client feedback and/or comments to the Project Manager.
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Assists in the interview and integration processes when asked.
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team
- Working on various projects in various technical environments
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate software design with various skill levels
- Assists in the interview and integration processes when asked
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of professional experience
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering or science / technology-based discipline