The Project Manager plays an integral part in establishing the necessary processes, coordinating with multiple teams, and appropriately mitigates risk to ensure success.
- Manages a project from initiation through closure following waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Manages the transition and the implementation of a new service or designated change to an existing service by helping to establish functional processes.
- Works closely with both customer stake holders and owners to review requirements and plans for new services or transition existing services.
- Assist in the design of the overall Service Delivery model to ensure customer expectation are being met or exceeded.
- Provides management support for new and or transitioned resources, by defining roles, responsibilities, processes in a functional environment and proactively mentor or coach resources when necessary.
- Maintains a strong understanding for the customers’ business and develops productive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Effectively coordinates resources from multiple teams to ensure the final delivery with leadership.
- Documents status and efficiently communicates to all levels of management with updates towards overall milestones and project completion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, preferably in project management with additional experience in managing infrastructure, operations, or support.
- Solid understanding of the technical environment especially in IT infrastructure and applications.
- Demonstrated leadership and management of teams in a customer focused environment.
- Strong documentation skills, experience with productivity tools such as MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- Possesses an enterprising attitude to articulate creative suggestions and methods in a structured environment.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate efforts at multiple levels throughout an organization.
- Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles.
- Highly organized being able to balance multiple activities, projects, and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal skills to effectively communicate changes, risks, and progress with management.
- Bachelor’s degree desired in Project Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field desired.
- PMP certification preferrred.