Manager, eCommerce website
The primary focus of this role is to drive e-commerce through website and landing page performance, and have complete ownership over website experience. Responsible for sales conversion on the brand website, and day-to-day ownership of the website to include strategy, user experience, creative execution, tech requirements, quality assurance follow-through and post-launch follow-up.
- Be accountable for daily website sales performance, including forecasting and improving conversion of inbound traffic by source; shared accountability with digital marketing peers
- Evaluate site analytics to define website KPIs, analyze performance, and optimize for impact
- Map the purchase funnel by traffic source and remove friction for better conversion
- Own testing & optimization roadmap, implementing and analyzing AB and multivariate tests
- Oversee UX initiatives to understand decision flow and validate hypotheses; drive rapid testing, plus longer term enhancements for a frictionless desktop and mobile shopping experience
- Drive an effective site search experience, partnering with merchandising and other internal SMEs to simplify our catalog and shopping experience
- Own the shipping experience and options on site in accordance with ecommerce best practices and competitive landscape
- Manage taxonomy, filters, navigation and other category aspects of desktop and mobile web experience
- Drive reviews, badges, and other endorsements to strengthen site performance
- Research, analyze and execute strategies and tactics to increase online order start and completion rates, concluding the path on new customer acquisition and retention initiatives like subscription
- Work with analytics team to build predictive models around site traffic, behavior, and implement personalization, promotions, and on-site enhancements to facilitate purchases
- Implement initiatives to grow average order value and expand basket through cross sell / upsell
- Test and evaluate promotions, offers, shipping, and other options on the site
- Own decisions around what content is featured on high visibility areas (e.g. homepage sliders); own interrupter triggers, rules and copy; uses of chat to facilitate decision-making and service
- Partner with SEO peer to drive brand and non-brand organic search performance, plus new link building initiatives to gain inbound traffic from high quality sources
- Influence brand content to tell a stronger story on the site
- Lead vision for recommendation engine for sophisticated product recommendations
- Spearhead personalization and develop experiences for high value customer segments
- Support tracking and attribution to paid/earned sources (digital, email, catalog, partnerships)
- Analyze customer and category data to create action plans to achieve desired business results
- Capture emails with behaviorally triggered offers, newsletter sign ups, product/price alerts, etc.
- Lead ongoing tagging efforts, refine as business needs and capabilities evolve
- Oversee landing page development and optimization for digital campaigns and in response to site behavior or brand initiatives
- Manage web content through a CMS and promo engine, and leverage PIM data to manage product recommendations
- Work closely with IT to manage the development roadmap and prioritize work
- Plan and implement loyalty initiatives to help retain customers
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of the company.
- With IT, shared accountability for components of the e-commerce experience on the brand website including search, checkout, category and product detail pages, chat, etc.
- Work with IT daily on development priorities, including providing business requirements, active prioritization, facilitating UAT, and collaborating on the features roadmap
- With IT, assume shared ownership of website initiatives; create and deliver progress reports
- Facilitate creation of new wireframes and screen designs for ongoing development work
- Partner with merchandising team to understand site impacts of new and out of stock product
- Clearly articulate plans, tactics, and performance to all stakeholders; conduct regular website planning meetings with key colleagues and obtain approvals from decision makers
- Partner closely with product teams to ensure inventory and demand planning aligns with plans
- Partner with sales forecasting to estimate revenue, organize ad hoc initiatives to achieve goals
- Partner with digital marketing to drive online sales demand and develop a seamless transition from research and consideration to purchase
- Coordinate with marketing team peers to understand promotions, paid and earned initiatives that may affect website traffic mix and prepare or evaluate nuances accordingly
- Work with cross functional teams to build out customer account area, integrate loyalty program
- Define, manage and evolve website maintenance and governance processes as needs grow
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to understand features and functionality required (e.g. gift cards, wish lists, etc.) and collaborate with IT on tools to implement
- Experience creating, analyzing and delivering sales funnel performance reports
- Experience leading annual sales planning, forecasting, and competitive benchmarking
- Ability to build and track to a budget, forecast expenses
- Ability to forecast ROI from activities and show impact
- Ability to create a strategy and follow through to execution
- High technical acumen, ability to use digital tools to accelerate work
Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise employee(s) or agencies; is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, or other quantitative discipline and 7 or more years experience with B2C internet marketing or website managements and 3 years experience leading a digital/website focused team Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.