Summary: The primary focus of this role is to drive e-commerce through website and landing page performance. This role is responsible for day-to-day management of the website including strategy, user experience, creative execution, tech requirements, quality assurance follow-through and post-launch follow-up.
- Monitor and analyze website KPIs to understand performance and optimize
- Map the purchase funnel by traffic source and remove friction for better conversion
- Own testing & optimization roadmap, implementing and analyzing AB and multivariate tests
- Manage website content calendar and ensure flawless execution of ads
- Drive UX initiatives to remove friction across desktop and mobile devices
- Drive an effective site search experience, partnering with merchandising and other internal SMEs to simplify our catalog and shopping experience
- Monitor eCommerce competitors to understand market forces and inform website strategy/UX
- Manage taxonomy, filters, navigation and other category aspects of desktop and mobile web experience
- Research, analyze and execute strategies and tactics to increase online order start and completion rates, concluding the path on new customer acquisition and retention initiatives like subscription
- Implement initiatives to grow average order value and expand basket through cross sell / upsell
- Test and evaluate promotions, offers, shipping, and other options on the site
- Drive plans and execution of high visibility site content (e.g. homepage sliders)
- Own and improve comparative interrupter triggers, rules and copy as well as uses of chat to facilitate decision-making and service
- Partner with SEO peer to drive brand and non-brand organic search performance, plus new link building initiatives to gain inbound traffic from high quality sources
- Support tracking and attribution to paid/earned sources (digital, email, catalog, partnerships)
- Lead ongoing tagging efforts, refine as business needs and capabilities evolve
- Oversee landing page development and optimization for digital campaigns and in response to site behavior or brand initiatives
- Create and maintain available landing pages for marketing channel use
- Manage web content through a CMS and promo engine, and leverage PIM data to manage product recommendations
- Work closely with IT to manage the development roadmap and prioritize work
- Plan and implement loyalty initiatives to help retain customers
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of the company.
- With IT, shared accountability for components of the e-commerce experience on the brand website including search, checkout, category and product detail pages, chat, etc.
- Work with IT daily on development priorities, including providing business requirements, active prioritization, facilitating UAT, and collaborating on the features roadmap
- With IT, assume shared ownership of website initiatives; create and deliver progress reports
- Facilitate creation of new wireframes and screen designs for ongoing development work
- Partner with merchandising team to understand site impacts of new and out of stock product
- Clearly articulate plans, tactics, and performance to all stakeholders; conduct regular website planning meetings with key colleagues and obtain approvals from decision makers
- Partner closely with product teams to ensure inventory and demand planning aligns with plans
- Partner with sales forecasting to estimate revenue, organize ad hoc initiatives to achieve goals
- Partner with digital marketing to drive online sales demand and develop a seamless transition from research and consideration to purchase
- Coordinate with marketing team peers to understand promotions, paid and earned initiatives that may affect website traffic mix and prepare or evaluate nuances accordingly
- Work with cross functional teams to build out customer account area, integrate loyalty program
- Define, manage and evolve website maintenance and governance processes as needs grow
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to understand features and functionality required (e.g. gift cards, wish lists, etc.) and collaborate with IT on tools to implement
- Experience creating, analyzing and delivering sales funnel performance reports
- Experience leading annual sales planning, forecasting, and competitive benchmarking
- Ability to build and track to a budget, forecast expenses
- Ability to forecast ROI from activities and show impact
- Ability to create a strategy and follow through to execution
- High technical acumen, ability to use digital tools to accelerate work
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but may direct the work of others (people/agencies) and be responsible for the direction of and the coordination and evaluation of these units.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing, or other quantitative discipline and 2-5 years’ experience in professional marketing environment, ideally with digital marketing or website Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.