Director, Product Management
We seek a dynamic Director, Product Management to oversee and continue to innovate our suite of products and provide leadership on product direction and product lifecycle management. The Director, Product Management will help set the long-term vision and strategy for C5s products and communicate this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hands-on management of the product life-cycle - from market research and requirements gathering, to iterative solution development, planning, execution, release and feedback collection.
• Work collaboratively to help define a shared vision and roadmap for delivering relevant problem-solving products. Build, maintain, and evolve product roadmaps over time.
• Research emerging customer needs and market conditions in order to design potential new product offerings and manage the strategic decision-making process.
• Understand and document competitive technology.
• Translate business and operational needs into detailed requirements, use cases and prototypes.
• Work in an Agile Product Development process creating well thought-out and consumable user stories.
• Bridge engineering, business, design, sales, and operations teams.
• Build strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders in order to understand the overall vision.
• Ensure that business owners can speak in one voice about product development plan and advocate for production improvements.
• Guide the definition and architectural design of new product offerings in collaboration with subject / area experts from our core product and engineering teams.
• Create, socialize, and gain approval of product roadmaps in collaboration with Engineering, IT, Sales and Support to evolve existing products to meet future customer needs and address competitive positioning requirements.
• Be a Company representative in industry technical standards activities and other initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum 7+ years in a Product Management role; with actual product management experience where you have demonstrated ability in assessing the marketplace, defining, and designing a product(s), evolving product(s), and proven success in bringing them to market with demonstrable revenue and profitability results
• Proven success defining technical products and features and driving cradle-to-grave product /feature execution
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
• Experience collaborating with diverse groups including customers, engineering, IT, sales and marketing
• Technically adept, with knowledge of wireless technology, communications technology and cloud-based solutions; experience with hospitality (hotel industry) technology is a plus.
• Strong, well-tested internal and client-facing skills
• Experience leading projects and initiatives focused on operational scale desirable
• Experience with Analytics to statistically influence decision making
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to coordinate multiple people and their product lines for more effective marketing and sales results
• Ability to comfortably interact with technical and business counterparts within customer and industry organizations to investigate requirements and identify customers true underlying and future business needs
• You are excited about the opportunity to work in a high growth, fast paced, environment.
• You will roll up your sleeves, can multi-task, balance competing priorities and follow through to deliver on your own, as well as, with a small team.
• You are always striving for opportunities to learn, grow, and apply your knowledge. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take smart risks.
• You are innovative and create practical solutions for complex issues.
• You are a top-notch collaborator and communicator.