Summary: The Director of Digital Marketing (SEM & Display) will be responsible for the management and optimization of the company's paid search and display campaigns across (but not limited to) Google, Bing, Yahoo & Facebook. The goal of the Director of Digital Marketing is to support the company’s marketing plan and acquire new customers while maximizing ROI. This position will report to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with Merchandising, Marketing Analytics, Creative, Content, Social & Website Development.
- Plan, execute, manage and optimize paid search and display campaigns across the major search engines
- Manage all data feeds and campaigns for shopping comparison engines like Google Shopping and Bing Shopping to drive more traffic and revenue to the company website.
- Monitor delivery and performance of media buys on a daily basis and managing digital campaigns to target metrics and monthly budgets.
- Generate campaign performance reports, providing performance analysis and executing on that analysis to ensure positive ROI.
- Perform keyword analysis and actively test and analyze keywords, advertising copy, landing pages and positioning to reach ROI and KPI goals.
- Work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Marketing Analytics, Creative, Content, Social & Website Development
- Manage project plans and schedules to ensure campaigns are executed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of the company.
- Experience working with paid search platforms including Google Adwords and Bing Ads
- Familiarity with 3rd party SEM tools, tracking tools, bid management systems and keyword development tools
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction based on the analysis
- Thorough knowledge of Excel (comfortable with charts, pivot tables & intermediate level of formulas)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills and familiarity with online marketing metrics
- Ability to multitask and see projects through from beginning to end
- Ability to think strategically & innovatively, analyze issues and use sound judgment
- Commitment to quality and focused on customer needs
- Knowledge of regular expression very helpful
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages and directs digital marketing staff and managers. Responsible for ensuring that all managers and supervisors adhere to the organization's policies and applicable laws. Assist supervisors and managers in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Mass Communications, or related field. 7-10 years progressive experience in digital marketing/SEM experience preferred. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and Software Used:
- E-Commerce Platform Interface
- 3rd Party SEM tools
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics)
- Bid-management systems
- Microsoft Office Products
- General office equipment