Digital Project Manager
As part of the team, you will manage the day-to-day intake process of website requests and projects for the Digital Strategy and Marketing teams. The degree of scope and complexity of projects will vary. You will be responsible for coordinating and partnering with IT, UX, editorial, digital marketing, analytics and other cross-departmental teams on a regular basis.
Other Responsibilities Will Include
- Manage the intake process of requests and projects on a day-to-day basis and triage the requests to appropriate stakeholders. You will perform hands-on tasks of inputting and updating information in the project management system. Create project plans, schedules/timelines; give status updates; and manage and resolve issues. Collaborate with cross-functional team directors and project managers on the editorial, content production, IT, analytics, and UX teams, reporting directly to the director of digital publishing and production, to implement, coordinate and oversee project assignments/milestones and execution in accordance with approved project plans. Assist the Director of Digital Publishing and Production on project management tasks specifically for the digital content production team also. Ensure requests are managed and projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet quality standards.
- Liaison with other AMA department stakeholders to ensure collaborative relationships and maintain compliance with AMA standards and policies. Provide consultation and support to the AMA department stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of the digital publishing and marketing team requests, project goals and deliverables as well as assist in defining project tasks and resource requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience managing multiple projects; PMI certification and training, preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with digital marketing or editorial projects is required.
- Experience operating in an agile and waterfall project management style environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as work independently; polished interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with an IT, communications, marketing, editorial and analytics teams as well as with business stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required; able to assemble and present information clearly.
- Proficiency project management planning/Workflow software such as JIRA, and Workfront PM system preferred.
- Experience in account and vendor management/client side, preferred, but not required.
- Health/medical association/organization experience, a plus.
- Publishing/editorial experience and familiarity with content management systems, such as Drupal, a plus.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION