Support Business Unit(s) requirements and ensure SAP configuration and Development in place along with all interfaces (3PL, CHEP, WMS, etc.); work closely with all business groups and application developers to facilitate the development, design and support business-critical applications in the installed SAP ECC6.0 and related interfaces in the Supply Chain area; gather requirements, contribute to design solutions, and resolve issues in a development and production support environment; conduct, coordinate and be accountable for testing and the effectiveness of user training, Process Documentation and System testing; work closely with local and international business groups, and assist Key Users to manage Work Request (Development, Enhancements and Production Support) prioritization; this process will include but not limited to; 1. initial assessment of the request; 2. evaluate the need for additional assistance within and outside the team, and 3. follow the standard procedures to seek other associates input and help bring any and all business requests within Supply Chain area to closure; while working on Supply Chain requests, extend help to resolve cross-functional requests on a timely fashion; SAP Technical work to support new processes, enhancements, break-fix: SAP Implementations, Data Transfer, Configuration set-up, 3rd party interfaces; Documentation: Requirements, Design Specs, Testing and QA; and Assist reporting manager(s) in work prioritization with business and update of status in Work request Database.
Special skills - Experience with International Trade, 3PL and Warehousing systems interfaces; IDOCs ; Standard Orders, 3rd party drop-ship, etc.; thorough understanding std. delivered software process logic; process flows, requirements documentation, play back requirements to users and make necessary adjustments to be able to start on design specifications and estimate effort; and project work management to support work requests activity planning and establish time schedules. Occasional domestic and international travel required.
- Two full life cycle SAP Implementations a must (in a business capacity strongly preferred)
- Development and maintenance of Supply Chain functionalities (focus on physical distribution, Warehousing, intercompany sales)
- Solid experience in Systems analysis and design, Configuration
- Able to identify gaps and working with technical team in developing functional specs
- Skills in testing and evaluation of new ERP system functionality
- Production support of existing ERP system functionality
- Business process analysis, documentation, and presentation.
- Interaction with users from various functional areas (sales, order processing, shipping, logistics, credit, A/R, finance, etc.)
- Translating end-user requirements into detailed specifications.
- Interaction with technical resources to define technical requirements.
- Re-engineering of business processes if necessary – Demonstrated capability for business process re-design.
- Development of complete functional requirements specification, including business impact and ROI.
- Coordinate and assist in development and execution of system conversions.
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
- Monitor iDocs interfaces; Troubleshoot and resolve iDoc problems.
- Understanding of EDI and SAP-PI.
- Troubleshoot and fix transactions errors with internal users, customers and EDI vendors.
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organization with effectiveness.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, with eight years of work experience with SAP systems.
Critical Skills and Abilities
A strong understanding of supply chain acumen. International experience a must.
Prior experience with SAP Warehouse and Sales Distribution modules is preferred. Must be comfortable working in a self-directed environment and have prior experience leading cross-functional project teams.